Saturday, February 10, 2007

How To Shave With Wax Stripes

Who, what, how, where, when, why?

Party here a project I'm thinking for some time. In September 2006 I started to do some short interviews with the artists exhibiting at the Galleria Marconi di Cupra Marittima, my idea was to collect them in a blog, that could also become a meeting point and comparison for all friends of the gallery around the world, and so here it comes "Naked as worms." One of my small contribution to a research project that artistic , in more than 10 years of the gallery, has focused on promotion of art made especially by young people, working to bring an innovative and aesthetically significant. Another challenge of the tunnel was (and is) to succeed in this ambitious project from a small town in the Marche. But the majority found that Marconi Gallery has created over the years has been mainly on the human level, it has become the benchmark of people here come together, discuss and have become friends, that will involve other friends, kids (more or less young ), that between a chat, a cigarette (strictly out of the door even at -40) and a spumantino, have begun to take an interest in contemporary art. At the center of this microcosm is a person who had the strength to be born and grow ... and above all this to bear.

Thanks Uncle Frank.


PS I realize that I have not answered all five questions of the title, I now believe that the first answer to this short interview (which sadly I do it myself).

Who? This is easy, I would say that ... I know, Dario Ciferri, a journalist in Panda

What? Speaking of art, and beyond, mainly through interviews with artists, but I do not put limits to providence

How? The interviews are based on relatively simple questions, so that the artists' work can be explained clearly without trivializing (ambitious outcome uncertain).

Where? Well! This is a blog (I think it is written above), the name "Naked as worms" is clearly inspired by (say a little 'plagiarized) from the project name that is common to all the exhibitions at Gallery Marconi in 2006/07.

When? Interviews one for each exhibition. Then he saw that a blog can not grow by making a post once a month, will also indicate other initiatives that will hold interesting.

Why? Already why? The answer I do not have it. But I believe that having a text in which an artist explaining his own work is more opportunity for the viewer to understand and appreciate. This worked for me ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment