Thursday, February 17, 2011

Complex Canker Sores.

A lovely thought for me. (From Borges to Sciascia)

Since the introduction of Goat's Eye
(a treatise, a poem, Leonardo Sciascia, where they are collected and deployed in the form of stories, jokes, sentences, expressions, and ways of saying the popular dialect of Racalmuto, birthplace of the Sicilian writer) :

A Racalmuto (Rahal-MAUT, village dead, the Arabs and it seems to have given this name because they found it desolate from the plague) was born sixty-four years ago, and I have never seconded, although shorter or longer (not longer than three months) I have been away. And I think I know him so deeply in the things and people, in his past, his way of being, in its violence and its reallocation, in its silences, you can say what he says Borges in Buenos Aires: \u0026lt;\u0026lt; I feel that my birth is somewhat back to my residence here. Already residing here, then you are born .>>. It seems to me that to know the country much more than what my memory has memory and that of others that I was sent: that of a dreamy, visionary, of which not only emerges in flashes-in-fragments that the place was real life for that brief genealogical branch of my family that is given me to know (and everything ends in back in time, a Leonardo Sciascia, the grandfather of my grandfather, who in the early nineteenth century came from the nearby village of Racalmuto Bompensiere to exercise the trade of tanner), but also the entire history of the country by the Arabs on. And here's a fact by itself Borges, Borges of nature and everyday life: I can not imagine, to see and feel the life of this country before the Arabs arrived there and made him. And it's pretty easy to find out why: my residence here, the residence that much before the birth, has begun Take Arabs, by Arabs. Moreover, there my name is Michele Amari among those who register as Arabs, and they end up being so many to contradict his basic thesis that Sicily Arab states but not, to put it roughly, Arabized (and the name until the middle of last century, in the parish registers, not free, but need to phonetics, it was transcribed: Xaxa).

0 comments:

Post a Comment